Have summer this winter visit tropical Thailand.
The country is on almost every traveler's short list because there are not many other spots on the planet offering such an exotic combination of tropical beauty and a safe environment almost every great holiday destination has problems this days.
Although there are continuous problem in the south this never spills over into tourist destinations which makes the place a very safe one for visiting.
- Climate and temperature: There is endless summer divided into 2 seasons, it's the rainy from around July to November, which is monsoon times with an average temperature from around 24- 28 C. Hot season is the other months with around 30- 35 C. Almost all parts of the country receive some rain throughout the year while higher located areas such as in the north and west get more rain but it wont effect much.
- Weather: Is usually excellent for about 8-9 month per year starting from November to May with is full of sunshine and clear or partly cloudy sky, the country is a primarily beach, island and "green" destination.
- Culture: A strong influences come from India and China but has it's very distinctive characteristics. The original Thai people which are similar to Shan in Myanmar came from south China's Yunnan.
- What to wear: Take light wear, since all clothing is quite cheap, it makes sense to go shopping for all what you need after arrival, it might save you overweight costs. Also shoes and other stuff to wear are cheap.
- ATM's: Are almost at every "second corner" in the tourist areas, petrol stations, at the highways, shopping malls, convenience stores and other places, which means no need to take lots of money with you or change money. Just fill up your account and pull the Thai Baht out from the machine, be careful about the frequency since they charge a fee for each transaction which your bank will finally deduct, all bank HQ are concentrated in the capital.
- When in Bangkok visit Pratunam that's right in the center, here is the biggest cloth market in the country. Actually all around this area means shopping and as long as someone buys local stuff it's amazingly affordable, read more.
- Visa : Stamps on arrival are valid for 60 days (new since Sept. 2014) and a extension of another 30 days is available at the immigration counter on the airport and elsewhere free of charge. An extension is possible at the immigration offices throughout the country but this is only for a few countries. Transit paper issued from a consulate are valid for 1 month. Normal tourist permissions are valid 2 month and can be extended for 1 month locally. But some of this has been reversed and applied again etc. its back and forward almost every month.
Now (mid 2015) they changed again, they issue half year multiple entry visa for Baht 5000,- but they cant be used back to back etc. Some more changes has been made and it is the best to have a look here: http://www.mfa.go.th/main/en/services/123
- Don't overstay it will cost you Baht 500,- per day and if you don't pay you end up in the deportation prison, if it expires make a visa run, they restricted this variant sharply in August 2014. The most popular visa runs are from Bangkok to Cambodia and from Phuket to Myanmar which is, on top of it a interesting day trip anyway. It combines a bus and longtail-boat tour over the border, read more.
- A trip to the country of smile and arrivals at Bangkok plus other places. Rushing to beaches and outdoor adventure is probably what most travelers have in mind. In Siam as it was formerly known top tour packages are available for this purpose. If you arrive in the capital go to a travel agent or start your own individual journey and hit the road, maybe to southern Thailand, read more.
- Travel to Bangkok first and start there here is plenty of information about shopping entertainment nightlife hotels it is very diverse indeed, read more.
The combination of mega-cities and the Andaman Sea with hundreds of islands such as Phuket and golden beaches plus green blue jungle is marvelous. High jungle hills and exotic cultures makes every journey a great one, yes and it is affordable. The country has roughly 3000 km long coastline and enough space to make every traveler happy, don't forget the famous Thai Bar Girls.
Amazing things to do such as real low budget trips are still possible in a functioning environment, no need to run around and get stressed.
Just read through our website and hit the road to south, east, west or north. There are five international airports which are Phuket Krabi, Hat Yai Chiang Mai and U-Tapao.
An amazing variety of budget trips are possible, but on the road be verycareful.
- Budget journeys are possible with a bit of planning, it just needs to identify where most of the cost come up, that is definitely accommodation and transport. Places to visit and low priced hotels to stay are many in Thailand. Find through the internet or just visit a travel agent at your destination (don't believe any taxi or tuk-tuk driver on this subject) and ask what they have. They usually have special agreement with lodges etc. and pass you part of the discount for great beach, island, rafting of maybe nightlife holiday, this is available almost everywhere. A very similar cheap holiday destination is Cambodia.
The other is low cost travel which means instead the aircraft take the bus it takes more time but it usually costs only about a third when you hit the road. Since the coaches are quite good and comfortable there are no real negative sides.
Some of the best destinations and places to visit in Thailand.
Here are great holiday and other travel packages for north, south, east and west Thailand which makes it perfect all year around even when there is some rain it's mostly only for a short time only during monsoon from around July to November it can rain for some more days. Considering the fact its more or less endless summer combined with cheap travel means great holiday.
- Not low cost at Nai Harn Beach Phuket, there is a high end hotel and some accommodations left and right. This is one of the best beaches on the island. Also it is not very convenient since this a somehow isolated corner on the south west coast, read more.
- The Similan Islands are some of the best places to visit in a small archipelago in the Thailand Andaman Sea off Khao Lak north of Phuket. They mainly are known for their beautiful underwater world. But the tourist boom is not very healthy for the area plenty of damage has been done by local boat operators over the years, read more.
- Erawan waterfall at Kanchanaburi is probably the most attractive in the country and not far from Bangkok which make it a great day trip destination. Many people from the capital know that and often it gets very busy around, read more.
- Bus travel is probably the best way to explore the country. The coaches come in different sizes and drive to almost any destination, on top of it this is quite cheap. E.g. from Phuket to Bangkok, a 12 hour ride through the night is $ 20,-. The buses are comfortable and make one or two stops, read more.
Trips to south Thailand and elsewhere.
The best and fasted moving around in urban areas is with motorbikes (scooter with 150 cc), they can be rented everywhere for around Baht 250,- / day. Actually it is very dangerous to drive with them because most people don't know about traffic rules and they just don't care. A good alternative in Bangkok would be to take a "Motocyc" taxi and the BTS (elevated train) or the underground.
- Travel tips for a scooter ride to Chiang Mai which is a interesting and cheap country exploration although the weather must be considered, don't do this from May to November since there are frequent showers, although it's never cold it is not comfortable. Anyway that could be perfect holiday travel, read more.
- With the speed boat to Ang Thong is a great day trip, it starts in the morning when the tour operator will pick you up, carry you to the pier and supply breakfast after they turn on their 600 HP and the ride over the waves starts. This trip is almost the best someone can do on holiday on Koh Samui, read more.
- Tourists on a Phuket Island Beach, this sandy waterfronts are the essence of the tourism in Thailand here are many. The one pictured above is Mai Khao at the north west of Phuket just in front of the Andaman Sea, read more.
If you are on a low budget tour.
- About eating, street food is the real Thai traditional food. If you are a little bit careful you could be on the safe side with it. You would hardly need to spend more than about $ 5, - for the whole day on food. Especially look first how they clean the plates, fork and spoons, since they don't have running water often they clean the whole day in the same water container, you can imagine what will happen to your stomach afterwards. So check it out first, after it should not be a big problem, read more.
- What about a pretty Thai girl as a companion when you are on holiday. Could also be a guy as seen below. Since people are open minded there are no problems and it makes your stay a more pleasant one. If you like to change this every day just visit the nightlife spots there are myriads of gorgeous young women, read more.
- Travel tips for Gay and Lesbians the country is extremely tolerant to the individual people are not shy and wont hide their sexual preferences towards the "three" gender means ladyboys that's one of the reason why people from the whole world come over to have some time just to live as they want read more.
- Bangkok pictures show this oriental city with incredible views some are amazing, other trivial and sometimes it's rather shocking since the people have an other thinking pattern and look at many things much different as "westerners" do. This is different with the pics of the Chao Praya River and the BTS train on top, read more.
- People are ethnically quite diverse the Thai and Shan of Myanmar came in long time ago from southern Yunnan China there are also plenty from south Asia means India and Pakistan plus naturally Chinese read more.
There is a substantial amount of European's and a rather small group of Africans and Arabs. From them Nigerians are the worst they are heavily involved in drug trade and cheating people .
- Road travel by bus motorbike ship scooter and car is the best within the country and since the roads are still quite good ten years ago they were much better actually even into the smallest village is a hard surface asphalt road read more.
Ferries carry the people and mostly also vehicles to most islands. Bikes, scooters and cars for rent are widely available at any tourist spot in the country.
- Songkhla Holiday in the south including beaches, the city, history and some interesting detail. As usual in the deep south the people are victims of mad islamist controlled from neighboring Malaysia who kill Thai Buddhist every day. Their prefered targets are Buddhist monks, temple boys, school kids, teachers and women, you can see what kind of people this are, read more.
- Nightclubs in Phuket Town and elsewhere can be a haven for the men. Amazing sexy games are played there every night and everyone likes it since it's natural. Only people who have a strange relation to sexy stuff think this not good, read more.
- Tiger a go-go in Patong is one of the best designed club in the country. Somehow following the idea of a natural cave with a few dozen bar cluster where the girls are doing table dancing, read more.
- Girls in Pattaya doing their job very similar to other nightlife areas in the country. What makes it good is all is very compact located in the town center along the waterfront on the beach road where "walking street" is a segment of it, read more.